Thursday, February 22, 2007

Three rows done!

I am ahead of schedule... AWESOME!

I was the passenger today for a bunch of errands, and the squares are the only portable project I have going now (the others are too big right now). I got 15 squares edged, and then tonight I tried out that new joining method and have 3 ROWS joined!

YIPPEE!

I love this new joining. Picture this:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

If you have 8 squares that need to join like above, you take 1 and 5, put them right sides together and then slip stitch through their stitches from one side to the next. WITHOUT breaking your yarn, you then pick up 2 and 6 face together and just continue right on slip stitching across the row. Same for 3 and 7, then 4 and 8. What you're left with is the seam down the middle of the row, but the vertical seams aren't done. They're just joined by this bit of stitch between them. Then you join 5 and 9, 6 and 10, 7 and 11, 8 and 12 the same way, and so on until you have all of the ROWS done. Then you do the same thing, but this time you go up (down?) the vertical column seams - end to end, with one straight shot. It goes SOOO fast, and there are only a few ends to weave in. I am soooo happy right now.

No comments:

Followers - Become a follower to keep up on the latest posts!