Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Heartfelt Thank You

I am not sure how the USPS works the way it does. The afghans were delivered to downtown Buffalo on Friday afternoon. By Saturday at noon, I had this thank-you in my mailbox:

"Your afghans are beautiful! Thank you so much for your donation and for the accompanying story. Our patients will be so thrilled to receive one of these and will feel so special to be wrapped in such a warm loving hug from caring people throughout the world. Please know that you made a difference to each recipient. Thank you for your time and efforts!

Community Cancer Resource Center"

What a beautiful passage.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Hooray for Krystal! And all of us! Thank you so much for sharing this great pattern :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome. :) My Mom was a patient at Roswell Park from 1998-2004.

God bless,
Heather
(from WNY Crocheters)

Alice Keesey Mecoy said...

Tried to add your button to my blog. Need help please. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern. I tried it out with some random yarn and I got it to work. It looks great! When I can get to the store and buy some suitable yarn, I'll make and send you some squares. I may have also got a friend on board to help!

Mom of 5 said...

Beautiful! I just stumbled onto your site today from crochetville. I would love to donate a square. This is a wonderful project and a beautiful afghan!

Margot said...

I love this. I just sent a membership verification thing. I can't wait to make one. I was planning to make for charity before I realized you are asking for squares for charity so I am more than happy to send one.

Aim said...

Krystal, that's such a cool message! Thanks to you for spending all your efforts to get us all involved too! What a great thing to do.

Followers - Become a follower to keep up on the latest posts!