I'm trying to keep this blog a little more current, hope you don't mind!
I'm working a border on one of the black afghans I did for the 2012 Ravellenic Games. I try to make each border different in some way - color, pattern, etc. This time I decided that I was going to try a solid black afghan with the black border, and not have the border colors compete with the multiple colors on the squares' borders. So far, so good.
I decided to use the Hanging Shells Trim from this blog. I'm in round 3 and it's looking sketchy if I'll have the yarn to finish round 4. The beauty of it is that I can use a different skein of black, dye lots be darned, and it should turn out fine as the scallops should cover most of the rest. If that doesn't look good, it might get color after all!
I'll keep you posted, hopefully with another finish!
And yes, I do still accept square, and I do still receive them - usually a bundle or three every week!