Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trying a new border, a few squares

Here are a few squares from Palmdale, CA. I have the pattern fro the pinwheels square (bottom right), but it it VERY awesome in person!








All of these came from a mother-daughter team in Grants Pass, OR!!! Wow!










Here's what I worked on yesterday on the afghan. I joined that last vertical row and edged one round of sc. I am trying to invent a new border - I have visions of a scalloped ripple all along the sides, after these half-circles all around, I will do a round of color, then a round of black, then another of color, another of black, etc. It's all still in the "figuring" stage, so keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on this one it looks great!

MAIZEE said...

Hi! Checked back in here after getting your e-mail and I see my squares. Also am seeing the pinwheel square. That is really pretty. I'm hopefully planning on making you a few more Daisys sometime. Right now I'm so busy with work and trying to finish up Christmas gift items. So maybe sometime after then. I love making the Daisy but it goes very slow for me. I really have to concentrate while working around the petals, but the finished block is worth it. You said you had the pinwheel pattern. Is it just a pattern on line or can you e-mail it like you did the daisy? I'd like to try it.

I'll be checking back to follow your progress. Those Daisys make an absolutely beautiful afghan. And I LOVE the scalloped edge. So inventive.

Slicer said...

Love the edging you're doing on them, hope it works out!

Amy

Krochet Krystal said...

Here's the pinwheel star:
http://www.craftown.com/cropat9.htm

Followers - Become a follower to keep up on the latest posts!