Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday Afternoon (2:30 PM)

Here you can see my progress so far. I changed my mind a bit. The 4 daisies in the center are sewn together because they are all smaller than the others (by quite a bit). I was going to make a centerpane out of them, but it turns out that they are just a hair larger than the 3 rows I planned to surround them. So I have to add another row to keep the centerpane centered on the afghan. Only problem is, now I'm short 4 squares! Today's mail hasn't come in, so perhaps there will be at least one there. I'll make up the rest of them myself. In the meantime, I'm trying to get the two sets of two squares done on the left side of the centerpane (BTW, this is the side view of the afghan) and then the row at the end of it. I need to know how many much bigger to make it to join it to the rest.

Here are all of them laid out - you can see where I "borrowed" the four squares from to make up the next row around the centerpane. The four corner ones are slightly larger, so they can't move. The two in the middle of the end have different color backgrounds, so I wanted to keep them where they are. My arm is getting a little sore right now, so I'm going to go fold some laundry to stretch it out! LOL! It looks just like a beautiful scrap quilt to me.... I'm picturing a pretty scalloped edge. I haven't decided if I want to do another round of dc (black) and then a colored scallop or if I just want to do a scalloped edge of black right on the blanket "as is". It will depend on how wide it winds up. :D See you later with more pictures!

No comments:

Followers - Become a follower to keep up on the latest posts!