Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lots of goodies

Lots of things to show off today! These top two squares were sent by a lady in Fort Washington, MD. She wanted to help with the square drive but couldn't quite get the knack of the daisy square, so she sent these! They are beautiful! I will surely find something to do with them. Thank you!






Here are some daisies from Yorba Linda, CA. Forgive the dark picture - today wasn't one of my best picture taking days.. The top left is a claret color - very stunning in person. Dark and dreary in the photo. Sorry. :(















Here are three from North Ridgeville, OH.. My daughter loved them - she said having 3 that look the same will help make it easy to put the afghans together better (she's only 8, but she has a point!)










Here is a beanie/stuffed elephant that I made as a pattern tester on Crochetville (www.crochetville.org). KristieMN has some great animal patterns on her Etsy Shop, and I had a ton of grey yarn to use up. He is TOO TOO cute!









As promised! This is one of the afghans that was donated to me mostly completed in a bag of donated yarn. The squares were all done and joined. All I had to do was sew in some of the ends and do the border! The hardest part was figuring out which size hook to use, I had to rip out a few times after curling and all kinds of nonsense occurred. I made a simple border, not too frilly - that way it can be used girl or boy. It will go to Children's Hospital with the next box!

No comments:

Followers - Become a follower to keep up on the latest posts!